Trainee Cost Draftsperson
Trainee Cost Draftsperson
Location: Liverpool/Manchester/ Leeds/ Southport /Hybrid
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team.
The cost team are looking for someone with a great attitude to work and a willingness to learn, experience working in a Cost team is not necessary as we would provide training. You would be working in a busy team so being organised and driven is essential. This is a great opportunity to join a market-leading and expanding firm, at the forefront of clinical negligence, personal injury, litigation and data breach claims.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Preparation of detailed bills of costs, costs schedules, and costs estimates
- Ensuring that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard.
- Management of daily workloads as well as achieving service level agreements.
- Be able to work to deadlines and prioritise matters to ensure targets are delivered.
- Ensuring that the Client is regularly updated as to the current situation on matters
- Ensuring that care is taken to ensure good working relationships with internal colleagues
- Being responsible for maximising the firm’s profitability whilst maintaining the highest Client care standard;
- Adhering to the firm’s policies.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Organisational, planning and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good general IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to use initiative
- Working effectively within a team.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
No Agencies needed at this time, please don’t send any applications.
- Location: Southport/Manchester/Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Costs
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024