Team Leader- EL/PL Department
Location: Liverpool/ Hybrid
Team Leader- EL/PL Department
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing EL/PL Team.
The role will be to lead an ELPL team to ensure its profitable operation as a fee-earning unit, in line with the company vision and strategy. To ensure that allocated cases are appropriately assessed, managed, and conducted in a proactive and commercially focused manner to meet the needs of our clients and deliver Fletchers’ strategies and plans for EL/PL, working closely with the Head of Department to deliver this.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- To lead an EL/PL team in providing advice on Employer’s and Public Liability claims of both Fast Track and Multi-Track value.
- You will be running your own reduced caseload of EL/PL matters, varying in value and technicality whilst supervising a team of fee earners and providing technical support to the team.
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as necessary.
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Pursuing cases to conclusion.
- Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
- Accurate time recording.
- Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements.
- Delegate and supervise tasks to junior team members where appropriate
- Attending one-on-one meetings with team members to provide technical guidance
- Holding regular team meetings and training sessions
- Developing the workflow of the EL/PL Proclaim system
- To actively engage in business development plans and where appropriate to engage with our sources of work at their places of business (typically in trauma centres)
- Production of MI and reports to the Head of Department as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 4 years PQE (or relevant experience) in EL/PL case handling
- Knowledge and understanding of the Pre-Action Protocol and Civil Procedure Rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the MOJ Portal process, the ‘six pack’ Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957, The Highways Act 1980.
- Litigation experience including running cases to Trial, being able to take the lead on cases
- Knowledgeable understanding of funding, assisting, and taking the lead in sign ups
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to lead and manage a growing team in line with company budgets and department KPIs.
- An enthusiasm for team building and raising the internal and external profile of the team.
- The ability to train and develop others
- Strong business networking skills
- Excellent client care skills – i.e., the ability to speak to clients in a professional, empathetic and courteous manner
- The ability to interact with colleagues and express opinions in a professional and courteous way
- Excellent time management – i.e., the ability to complete given tasks within an acceptable timescale and to work within any reasonably given deadlines
- The ability to work in an organised way
- The ability to create management reports where necessary
- The ability to apply initiative and forward thinking
- Compliance with office manual procedures
- Experience of the Proclaim case manage system and a Driving licence would be desirable
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Liverpool/ Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: EL/PL
- Closing Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023