Team Leader- Clinical Negligence
Location: Liverpool/ Hybrid
Team Leader – Clinical Negligence
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Clinical Negligence Team.
If you are looking to work for a growing company that offers internal progression, has a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, and will support you and your goals, then this could be the role for you!
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Strategy & Execution
Implement departmental plans in team to deliver Fletchers’ priorities
Ensure that the team provides excellent customer service
Ensure the team achieves their agreed performance targets
Deliver the appropriate objectives on “The Pitch”
Support the budgeting process for the Medical Negligence department
Ensure high quality case planning, file management and ESD management within team, to support financial planning and delivery of team budgets
Leadership & Management
Lead the team, managing the team members
Coach, develop and support team members
Model “Wise, Kind and Strong” management behaviours
Promote a “cradle to grave” fee earning environment where all lawyers are constantly developing and meeting their potential
Provide advice and guidance on any and all Medical Negligence issues
Ensure cases are progressed appropriately and customer satisfaction is delivered
Work with the Heads of to ensure the team delivers quality legal services with unrivalled customer care in a compliant way
Delivery of key output metrics:
Delivery of key input metrics:
Team chargeability %
Letters of claim sent, cases served and cases settled
RA1 and RA2 acceptance rates
Zero data breaches
Delivery of other key metrics:
Provides a service to…Customers
Receives a service from…
Customer & Marketing
Medical Law Pagination Services (MLPS)
Third party providers (e.g. other pagination services, medical experts etc)
Acts as a champion/pressure group for…
Good legal practice in Medical Negligence cases
Governance group membership
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of successfully leading or managing in a Clinical Negligence team
- Experience of running a wide variety of Clinical Negligence claims
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- A good understanding of how to deliver and grow team productivity
- Experience of coaching and supporting team members
- Ability to role model good practice leadership
- Technology literate, with the ability to use technology to enhance legal services
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to form positive working relationships with a
- wide variety of team members
- Strong analytical skills
You will be joining a quality, large, busy, and growing team of Clinical Negligence experts. The role will be to lead and develop a Clinical Negligence team to meet the needs of our customers and deliver Fletchers Clinical Negligence plans.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
- Location: Liverpool/ Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Clinical Negligence
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024