Solicitor (or equivalent) Grade B/C – EL/PL
Solicitor (or equivalent) Grade B/C – EL/PL
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Solicitor (or equivalent) Grade B/C to join the growing EL/PL team!
If you are looking for a new role in a growing company that offers a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, and will support you and your goals, then this could be the role for you! There are excellent development opportunities including Associateship and Partnership schemes which are open to all.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 1-5 years PQE (or equivalent experience)
- Up to date knowledge of running a Fast Track case load. Multi-track experience is preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Pre-Action Protocol and Civil Procedure Rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the MOJ Portal process, the ‘six pack’ Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957, The Highways Act 1980.
- Litigation experience including running cases to Trial, being able to take the lead on cases
- Knowledgeable understanding of funding, assisting, and taking the lead in sign ups
- Case Planning, identifying experts of the right disciplines, being proactive
- Excellent court skills, being able to prepare and commence proceedings, Pre-Action Disclosure Applications, Infant Settlement Hearings, attending CMCs, prepare directions, dealing with Cost Budgets where appropriate, liaising with Part 35 experts, lay witness, ensuring continuity
- Excellent people and client care skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Innovative and Proactive
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines
- The ability to work in a team
- Full Driving Licence
In the role you will be working within a busy team responsible for running a caseload of 120 Fast Track/Multi Track in line with current company policies and legal requirements and to assist other team members.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- A bonus scheme paid yearly (subject to targets being met)
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some dental, optical and other medical expenses
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days, holiday per year,
- Long service award 3 days extra holidays after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment.
- Enhanced company sick and maternity pay scheme
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events
- Monthly voucher awards
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice.Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development, and wellbeing.
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Ensure that cases are progressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Progress files in line with KPI Targets
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as necessary.
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Pursuing cases to conclusion.
- Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
- Accurate time recording.
- Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements.
- Supervision of junior team members
The above list is not exhaustive of any other tasks, which may be required.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
- Location: Liverpool/Manchester/hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: EL/PL
- Closing Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024