Solicitor or equivalent- (ELPL Liverpool Grade B)
Salary: Depends on experience
Location: Liverpool/ Hybrid
Solicitor or Equivalent in the EL/PL department
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Team.
In the role you will be working within a busy team responsible for running a caseload of Fast Track/Multi Track in line with current company policies and legal requirements and to assist other team members.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Ensure that cases are progressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Progress files in line with KPI Targets
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as necessary.
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Pursuing cases to conclusion.
- Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
- Accurate time recording.
- Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements.
- Supervision of junior team members
The above list is not exhaustive of any other tasks, which may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years PQE (or equivalent experience)
- Up to date knowledge of running a Fast Track case load. Multi-track experience is preferable but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Pre-Action Protocol and Civil Procedure Rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the MOJ Portal process, the ‘six pack’ Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957, The Highways Act 1980.
- Litigation experience including running cases to Trial, being able to take the lead on cases
- Knowledgeable understanding of funding, assisting, and taking the lead in sign ups
- Case Planning, identifying experts of the right disciplines, being proactive
- Excellent court skills, being able to prepare and commence proceedings, Pre-Action Disclosure Applications, Infant Settlement Hearings, attending CMCs, prepare directions, dealing with Cost Budgets where appropriate, liaising with Part 35 experts, lay witness, ensuring continuity
- Excellent people and client care skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Innovative and Proactive
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines
- The ability to work in a team
- Full Driving Licence
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Liverpool/ Hybrid
- Salary: Depends on experience
- Department: EL/PL
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024