Solicitor or Equivalent (Clinical Negligence Grade C – Manchester)
Solicitor or Equivalent (Clinical Negligence Grade C)
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Clinical Negligence Team.
The role will involve Assisting Lawyers and Senior Lawyers as directed in the running of a caseload of Clinical Negligence cases from inception to Trial, always under supervision and in line with current company policies and legal requirements. To accept delegated tasks on other similar cases as directed by the Senior Lawyer and to assist the team in settling the cases, to mentor and coach more junior team members. If successful you would be joining a quality, large and busy team of clinical negligence experts. You will be working on all aspects of litigation within your team, both pre- and post-litigation work.
You would be joining a quality, experienced and growing team of clinical negligence lawyers several of whom hold accreditations such as from APIL, AvMA and Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Accountable for running an individual caseload
- Providing support, guidance and assistance to the team to deliver outstanding service to clients
- Contribute to proactive and commercial case management and progression across the team
- Supporting the Team Leader/Head of Department in ensuring the delivery of the team’s financial and performance KPIs
- Effective and thorough time recording
- Discussing and agreeing case tactics and planning with the Team Leader/Head of Department and members of the team
- Identifying and driving cases which are ready for LOC, settlement, and service within the team
- Working with the team to ensure that relevant information is being collected and collated to enable the progression of the case
- Management of a caseload in a proactive commercial manner
- Co-ordinating the progression of cases with all internal and external parties
- Drafting of legal documentation including LOC, letters of instruction
- Negotiating settlement and the issuing and service of proceedings should it be required
- Litigation of claims as required
- Overseeing the documentation and correspondence produced by the team
- Advising the team on any technical issues arising from their cases with support from Team Leader/Head of Department.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent experience of handling a case load
- NQ- 5 years PQE or equivalent experience working in Clinical Negligence
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Excellent IT skills especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages, proclaim and excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong commercial awareness within a legal environment
- Ability to work well with junior team members, providing coaching and mentoring
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent Client Care Skills
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Manchester/Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Clinical Negligence
- Closing Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023