Solicitor or Equivalent (Clinical Negligence Grade C- Leeds)
Solicitor or Equivalent (Clinical Negligence Grade C)
Minton Morrill (part of Fletchers Solicitors) have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Clinical Negligence Team.
The role will involve Assisting Lawyers and Senior Lawyers as directed in the running of a caseload of Clinical Negligence cases from inception to Trial, always under supervision and in line with current company policies and legal requirements. To accept delegated tasks on other similar cases as directed by the Senior Lawyer and to assist the team in settling the cases, to mentor and coach more junior team members. If successful you would be joining a quality, large and busy team of clinical negligence experts. You will be working on all aspects of litigation within your team, both pre- and post-litigation work.
You would be joining a quality, experienced and growing team of clinical negligence lawyers several of whom hold accreditations such as from APIL, AvMA and Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel.
Minton Morrill Highlights:
- We became part of the Fletchers Group who have offices in Southport, Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds and we have big plans for significant growth.
- Ranked in the Top Tier for the Legal 500 with senior lawyers ranked in the Hall of Fame and as Leading Lawyers.
- Ranked in Band 2 for Chambers and Partners with senior lawyers ranked in Bands 1 and 2.
- Shortlisted for the Legal 500 Northern Powerhouse Awards in three separate categories.
- Being part of the Fletchers Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- Being part of the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Discussing and agreeing case tactics and planning with the Team Leader
- Working with clients to ensure that relevant information is collected to enable the progression of the case in a proactive commercial manner
- Obtaining relevant medical evidence on all aspects of the claim
- Drafting correspondence as required, including LOCs, letter of instruction etc
- Following up medical records and researching medical conditions
- Co-ordinating the progression of cases with all internal and external parties
- Negotiating settlement
- Issue and service of proceedings should it be required
- Supporting the team to provide outstanding client care
- Proactive case management and progression
- Supporting the delivery of the team’s financial performance KPIs
- Effective and thorough time recording
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent experience of handling a case load
- NQ- 5 years PQE or equivalent experience working in Clinical Negligence
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Excellent IT skills especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages, proclaim and excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong commercial awareness within a legal environment
- Ability to work well with junior team members, providing coaching and mentoring
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent Client Care Skills
In return Minton Morrill can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
- Location: Leeds/Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Clinical Negligence
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024