Solicitor (Clinical Negligence)
Location: Manchester/ Southport/ Liverpool/ Hybrid
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join the growing Clinical Negligence team!
Location: Southport/ Manchester/ Leeds/Liverpool/Hybrid
If you are looking for a new role in a growing company that offers a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, and will support you and your goals, then this could be the role for you!
Fletchers specialises in Clinical Negligence, and we are looking for someone who wants to play a key role in supporting teams across the department ensuring that allocated are conducted in a proactive and commercially focussed manner with a real focus on reducing backlogs and creating consistency of approach.
This position will comprise of 25% working on a small number of cases within the team and 75% of the time supporting other teams. The role is hybrid but some travel to Manchester, Liverpool and Southport as needed.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Versatile so they can pick up cases from others and pull key points of where to focus.
- Ability to adapt to unknown cases, understand and progress it.
- Good IT skills especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work as part of team and ability to support change effectively.
- Customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
In return Fletchers can offer:
- A bonus scheme paid yearly (subject to targets being met)
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some dental, optical, and other medical expenses.
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days, holiday per year,
- Long service award 3 days extra holidays after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment.
- Enhanced company sick and maternity pay scheme
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events
- Monthly voucher awards
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
- Discussing and agreeing case tactics and planning with the Team Leader
- Ensure cases are progressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as necessary.
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Understanding of the full case lifecycle along with the ability to work across quantum bands and specialisms.
- Pursuing cases to conclusion.
- Contributing to delivering excellent results to our clients in terms of both service levels and legal outcomes
- Understanding of key KPIs and case progression with the ability to use data.
- Proficient understanding of processes, workflows, and case dashboard
- Pursuing cases to conclusion.
- Supervision and drive to develop junior team members.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice.Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development, and wellbeing.
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
Desirable qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Qualified or the equivalent experience working in a legal environment.
- Experience working with Proclaim, or a case management system.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
- Location: Manchester/ Southport/ Liverpool/ Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Clinical Negligence
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024