Serious Injury Solicitor or Equivalent Grade B/C
Salary: Depends on Experience
Serious Injury Solicitor or Equivalent Grade B/C
Location: Southport/ Manchester/Hybrid
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for dealing with a complex and diverse caseload of multi-track cases up to a value of £100,000, including RTA, EL, PL and OL matters. You must have a proven track record of successfully taking the lead on cases at this level and be able to progress such cases from inception to conclusion, in line with company policies, KPI’s and legal requirements.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Ensure that cases are progressed in a timely and commercial manner in line with KPI targets and estimated settlement dates
- Deal with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures; pursuing cases to conclusion
- Assess liability at an early stage, make decisions on prospects of case early and keep write offs to a minimum
- Drafting court documents including pleadings, applications, witness statements and court directions
- To research points of law and to take responsibility for researching topics prior to undertaking allocated tasks to ensure accuracy
- Liaise with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers – a willingness to travel to accommodate attendance in person when appropriate
- Attend Court, Joint Settlement Meetings, Case Management Conferences and Conferences with or without Counsel when necessary and in person when appropriate.
- Accurate time recording
- Maintain cases in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements
- Ensure that all outstanding actions as per the task list are completed in a timely fashion
- Delegate tasks as appropriate to your Assistant
- Assist in the supervision and development of your Assistant and paralegals across the team
- Be willing to put forward ideas and to engage in brand development and marketing
- Mentor new team members when required
- Maximise all opportunities to escape fixed recoverable costs where applicable
- Ensure that an excellent level of client care is maintained
- Engaging in brand development and marketing
The ideal candidate will have:
- The successful candidate should be at least a newly qualified solicitor or CILEX or with equivalent unqualified experience
- A proven track record of independently dealing with serious injury, multi-track work up to £100k is essential
- Experienced at dealing with a diverse range of liability scenarios including EL/PL as well as RTAs and multiple defendants
- Proven KPI’s in fees recovery, time recording and client care
- Excellent people and client care skills; a sensitive and professional approach always
- Experienced in litigation at both County Court and High Court level
- Sound knowledge of the CPR, litigation process and cost budgeting process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- A commercial approach to litigation and case progression
- Willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines
- Flexible in working hours and able to travel
- The ability to work in a team and to mentor other team members
- Good IT skills, especially in respect of Microsoft Office packages. Previous experience of Proclaim is preferable but not essential
- Able to liaise and work well with other integral teams across the business
- Excellent time management
- Strong commercial awareness
- Willingness to put forward ideas and to engage in brand development, networking events and marketing
- Experience of proclaim would be desirable
- Driving licence
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Southport/Manchester/Hybrid
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Department: Serious Injury
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024