Senior Solicitor / Team Leader – Private Client
Senior Solicitor / Team Leader
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Solicitor / Team Leader to join the growing Court of Protection team!
Location: Leeds / Manchester / Hybrid – to suit the candidate
If you are looking for a new role in a growing company that offers a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, and will support you and your goals, then this could be the role for you!
The ideal candidate would have:
- A minimum of 4 years PQE Court of Protection property & affairs work as well as experience of setting up and running PI trusts.
- Experience of making applications for statutory wills, gifts etc.
- Strong empathetic interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a range of people with disabilities, their families and care team, as well as other legal professionals.
- High degree of professionalism, a pride in your work, and a commitment to achieve our clients’ goals.
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to lead and manage a growing team in line with company budgets and departments KPIs.
- An enthusiasm for team building and raising the internal and external profile of the team.
- The ability to train and develop others.
- The ability to interact with colleagues and express opinions in a professional and courteous way.
- Excellent time management – i.e., the ability to complete given tasks within an acceptable timescale and to work within any reasonably given deadlines.
- The ability to work in an organised way and in line with departmental procedures.
- The ability to apply initiative and forward thinking.
- Compliance with office manual procedures.
In the position you will be taking an active role, assisting n leading the Court of Protection Department to provide Deputyship and Trustee support to clients who have personal injury or clinical negligence claims, and which involve the management of substantial compensation awards. This is a thriving and growing area of the business and there is considerable scope for career development. The role is in a supportive and lively team working collaboratively.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- A bonus scheme paid yearly (subject to targets being met)
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option.
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some dental, optical, and other medical expenses.
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days, holiday per year,
- Long service award 3 days extra holidays after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment.
- Enhanced company sick and maternity pay scheme
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events
- Monthly voucher awards
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! We take pride in the results gained for our clients and go the extra mile to get justice.Fletchers are an employer of choice, rated a top 80 Law Firm by the Times. Our culture drives our employees to achieve the best, not only for the customers but for their own growth, development, and wellbeing.
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- You will be running your own caseload of Deputyship and Trustee matters, both pre and post settlement of the PI claim whilst supervising junior fee earners and providing technical support to the team.
- Attending clients at their home, or in hospital or in care/nursing homes, to discuss and agree budgets and identify other priorities.
- Liaising with financial advisors on investments.
- Preparing accurate accounts of Deputyship cases including forecasts of expenditure on Deputyship and Trustee cases, including creating budgets to ensure funding sustainability.
- Management of Deputyship applications and other associated applications to the Court of Protection.
- Delegate and supervise tasks to junior team members where appropriate.
- Carrying out staff supervision to include regular meetings and appraisals.
- Contribute to regular team meetings and training sessions.
- To actively engage in business development plans.
The above list is not exhaustive of any other tasks, which may be required.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
- Location: Leeds/Manchester/Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Private Client
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024