Project Finance & Integration Manager
Location: Manchester/ Southport/ Liverpool/ Hybrid
Project Finance & Integration Manager
Location: Southport/ Manchester/ Liverpool/ Hybrid
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Team.
Fletchers Solicitors are looking to recruit a fully qualified Project Finance & Integration Manager to join our busy finance team. This role will be responsible for leading our financial integration processes on all new acquisitions, ensuring seamless incorporation and efficiency across various aspects of the finance and reporting functions. This role will be highly project driven, therefore the ability to manage multiple demands and work to tight deadlines is essential.
Fletchers Solicitors is a fast paced, innovative environment therefore the ability to think outside of the box and constantly improve the way we work is key to this role.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Build and maintain financial models in Excel, including a full P&L, B/S and cashflow to assess the viability of M&A and other internal projects
- Work closely with the Directors of M&A, Integration and Transformation to support key business decisions
- Provide detailed commentary and recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team
- Provide technical advice and guidance on project financial management to non-finance managers
- Manage the data mapping process, working closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to facilitate a smooth transfer of WIP data between systems
- Implement robust reconciliation processes to validate data accuracy during and after integration
- Oversee the integration of both client and office accounts, purchase ledger and all other aspects of the Accounts function with the support of an experienced Finance Analyst
- Ensure adherence to Solicitor Accounts Rules and maintain the integrity of data at all times
- Ensure financials are integrated into Fletchers systems accurately, and within agreed timescales
- Manage the external relationship with our accountants to ensure all acquisition accounting is completed within a timely manner
- Scope ‘as is’ reporting abilities in newly acquired businesses to understand current capabilities
- Implement processes to enable Fletchers reporting is adopted across the Group, ensuring consistency and accuracy across integrated systems
- Manage the integration of payroll, ensuring accurate and compliant processing of payroll is upheld by working closely with our external payroll provider and HR
- Management and development of 1x FTE through mentoring, coaching and sharing expertise as well as identifying and actioning specific training needs to ensure the team remain competent and engaged
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fully qualified, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Project Accounting experience
- Systems integration experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the business, with the ability to work with both Financial and Non-Financial teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to changing and emergent priorities
Desirable qualifications & experience:
- Experience in the Legal sector
- Use of a case management system
- Commercial experience
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Manchester/ Southport/ Liverpool/ Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Finance
- Closing Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024