Salary: up to £60k DOE
Location: Remote with 1 day a month in our Manchester office
Salary: up to £60k (DOE)
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Team.
We are building out a new Web Applications team, the role will be to support our growing business by implementing greenfield web applications to improve our client experience, internal user experience and creating new business opportunities.
The team will focus on building external and internal web applications. Working with information from the business analyst team, and together with a product owner, you should be able to understand the core business problem and iterate to a solution. You should then be able to communicate this solution through wireframes, user flows, and ultimately high-definition designs where appropriate.
The ideal candidate would be able to work directly on the Ruby on Rails codebase to implement those designs using Tailwind CSS, while being supported by Ruby developers who are building out the functionality.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Lead the design and development of our UI component library, ensuring consistency, usability, and scalability across our Ruby on Rails application.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and stakeholders, to gather requirements, iterate on designs, and implement solutions that meet both user needs and business objectives.
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and gather feedback to inform design decisions and improve the overall user experience.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.
- Advocate for design principles and user-centric methodologies throughout the organization, championing the importance of design in achieving business goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The drive to thrive when working to aggressive timelines, with a keen understanding of what features are required for MVP and which are not.
- Be able to work with a small remote team, and comfortable clearly communicating progress to senior management.
- Have experience building component libraries that the development team can use to create a consistent look and feel across various products.
- Be capable of working from a blank slate and providing guidance to the team on the best practices for user experience and interface design while also documenting this via the creation of user flows.
- The belief in building accessible and responsive web applications.
- Ruby on Rails
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Remote/Manchester
- Salary: up to £60k DOE
- Department: Technology
- Closing Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024