Paralegal – ELPL Department- (Liverpool)
Location: Liverpool/ Hybrid
Paralegal- EL/PL Department
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing EL/PL Team.
The role will be to assist a specific Litigation Executive or Solicitor in your team in all aspects of their cases and to ensure that matters are progressed in a timely and efficient manner. The successful candidate will be working on a diverse case load of Employer’s and Public Liability matters, under the guidance of a lead Litigation Executive or Solicitor.
. About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Assist Litigation Executive or Solicitor in the department on their cases to ensure matters are progressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Progress files in line with KPI targets
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors/insurers, police and any other relevant parties as directed
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures in a timely manner as directed
- Drafting statements of case, witness statements, application notices
- Preparing accurate and detailed file notes
- To research points of law in respect of liability and quantum and take responsibility for researching topics prior to undertaking allocated tasks to ensure accuracy
- Undertaking and assisting where appropriate telephone negotiations/case management conferences with solicitors/courts as directed
- Pursue cases to conclusion as directed
- Attendance at Court, Case Management Conferences and Conferences with or without Counsel. This occasionally requires an overnight stay.
- Preparation of trial bundles
- Helping with/preparing costs instructions sheets and disbursement lists
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good researching and drafting skills
- Sound base knowledge of the law surrounding serious injury and court procedure
- Good attention to detail, with file management and organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a diverse environment and able to quickly analyse complex information in order to make reasoned decisions.
- IT competent
- Excellent time management
- Preferably previous experience of working in a personal injury department
- Must be flexible in working hours and able to travel
- Excellent communication and client care skills
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- A law degree or a Graduate Diploma in Law, or a desire to gain legal qualifications via CILEX, paralegal apprenticeship or the SQE routes
- Some previous legal work experience
- Driving licence
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Liverpool/ Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: EL/PL
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024