Paralegal (Clinical Negligence – Southport)
Location: Southport/ Hybrid
Paralegal (Clinical Negligence)
Location: Southport/ Hybrid
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Clinical Negligence Team.
The role will involve Assisting Lawyers and Senior Lawyers as directed in the running of a caseload of Clinical Negligence cases from inception to Trial, always under supervision and in line with current company policies and legal requirements. To accept delegated tasks on other similar cases as directed by the Senior Lawyer and to assist the team in settling the cases.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Ensure the delivery for yourself of all KPI targets set by the firm.
- Ensure cases are progressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Liaising with clients, experts, barristers, third party solicitors and insurers as directed.
- Dealing with all aspects of pre and post issue procedures under supervision in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring all actions as per Proclaim Action List are completed in a timely fashion.
- Accurate time recording.
- Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel and other quality assurance requirements.
- Reporting to Senior Lawyer as required.
- Assisting in the collection of & collating of medical records
- Preparation of client documents such as witness statements
- Dealing with a caseload of Clinical Negligence cases in the early stages & assisting team members with tasks etc
The ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to work in this area of law and preferably some experience
- Graduate, preferably with Law related degree and / or professional qualification such as LPC or route to BAR or CILEX
- Desire and ability to take direction and supervision from team leader
- Proven legal and forensic skills
- Good research skills
- Attention to detail
- Keen analytical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent people skills and service ethos
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent Client Care Skills.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Southport/ Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Clinical Negligence
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024