Salary: £31,500 per annum
Location: Liverpool/Manchester/ Leeds/ Southport /Hybrid
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Medical Law Services Team.
The role requires a methodical thinker who puts their knowledge and client care skills into a client-focused and rewarding role. To provide an assessment on the merits of a potential case depending on the initial information provided, advising on which medical records and additional documents are required to further determine the case prospects.To complete a detailed review of the records, pagination, and chronology and on occasion make a decision on the merits of the case. You will work closely with the rest of the nurse analyst team and ensure research is shared amongst your colleagues.
For more information you can visit our website to find out more about us and the nurse role itself including a video from our Head of Nurses:
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Reviewing of medical records and any other documentation relevant to the case
- Indexing of Medical records
- Preparation of issue-based summaries and chronologies for instruction to experts on medical negligence cases, with a good knowledge surrounding breach of duty and causation
- Preparing both light/selective focussed, date ranged & full paginations in paperless format, utilising suitable IT programmes.
- Adding to or amending Pagination bundles already prepared at the instruction of either of the legal members of the team.
- Completion of Risk Assessment of initial leads into business
- To assist Senior Solicitors with Risk Assessment reviews and provide their medical knowledge to help assist with the progression/acceptance/rejection of a case.
- Researching medical conditions and standards of care with recognised evidenced research
- Checking records received are correct in accordance with GDPR.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Over 3 years’ clinical experience in NHS practice
- Working knowledge of Audits and interpreting the findings to improve/maintain practice.
- Be highly motivated, organised, and proactive.
- To have precise and high-level attention to detail
- Analytical skills and a methodical approach
- Medical records handling and excellent knowledge of the health care sector
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and remote.
- Research skills including knowledge of NICE and current and previous best practices.
- Experience of proclaim or other software tools for example Adobe, Microsoft would be an advantage.
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week.
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option.
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical, and other medical expenses.
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Southport/Manchester/Liverpool/Leeds/Hybrid
- Salary: £31,500 per annum
- Department: MLS
- Closing Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023