Head of Serious Injury – Technical
Head of Serious Injury – Technical
Location: Liverpool/Manchester/ Leeds/ Southport /Hybrid
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Team.
The role will be to support, train and develop the Serious Injury Unit (SIU) in providing practical, technical advice on RTA, Occupiers, Employer’s and Public Liability claims of Multi-Track (including catastrophic) value. To produce chargeable work by fee earning, case planning, auditing, and strategizing on existing caseloads in the team to support case progression and outcomes. To develop strategies and tactics to maximise costs recoveries on FRC and Intermediate Track band cases, issuing strategies, provide training and support to lawyers.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Technical expertise
- People Management
- Strategy & Leadership
- Delivery of Key KPIs/ Outcome Measures
- To provide a service to Solicitors or Equivalent in the Personal Injury teams, Clients and the Marketing teams
- Will receive a service from Finance, People, Systems, Facilities, Client & Marketing, Compliance and the Legal Strategy & Operations team.
- Act as a champion and share good legal practice in Serious Injury Cases
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8 years PQE (or relevant experience) in RTA and EL/PL case handling
- Knowledge and understanding of the Pre-Action Protocol, Civil Procedure Rules and FRC and Intermediate Track rules
- Knowledge and understanding of the ‘six pack’ Regulations, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957, The Highways Act 1980.
- Litigation experience including running cases to Trial.
- Strong leadership skills
- An enthusiasm for team building and raising the internal and external profile of the PI department and firm as a whole.
- The ability and passion to train and develop others
- Strong business networking skills
- The ability to interact with colleagues and express opinions in a professional and courteous way
- Excellent time management – i.e., the ability to complete given tasks within an acceptable timescale and to work within any reasonably given deadline
- Experience of running a wide variety of personal injury and Serious Injury claims
- Ability to deliver excellent client service
- A good understanding of how to deliver and grow team productivity
- Experience of coaching and supporting other lawyers and managers
- Forming and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to role model good practice leadership
- Technology literate, with the ability to use technology to enhance legal services
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to form positive working relationships with a wide variety of team members
- Strong analytical skills
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
No agencies needed at this time, please do not send any CVs across
- Location: Southport/Manchester/Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Serious Injury
- Closing Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024