Billing and Invoicing Clerk
Location: Manchester/ Southport/ Liverpool/ Hybrid
Billing and Invoicing Clerk
Location: Hybrid with some attendance to one of the offices Southport/ Manchester/ Liverpool
Fletchers Solicitors Ltd have a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Team.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Costs: Invoicing, the Invoicing Assistant is accountable for the accurate and timely production of all types of profit costs and disbursement invoices; on an interim or final basis. To include raising appropriate credit notes.
About Fletchers Solicitors:
Fletchers is a rapidly growing law firm specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence law. We are based in the North-West of the UK, with offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds & Southport, although many of our colleagues work from home as Fletchers offers Hybrid working. We offer a great work life balance, fabulous benefits, apprenticeships, and internal progression, around 10% of colleagues are currently working on apprenticeships or training contracts – more than ever before – and we are continuing to grow our L&D offering. We have a great culture and people that will support you and your goals.
Fletchers Group is an inclusive employer with a diverse work force, which is why we welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing a culture and environment where everyone can thrive. Fletchers understand and celebrating that no colleague is the same. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, and we are signing up to other diversity standards to reflect our ethos.
Main Responsibilities for the role:
- Accountable for compliance with the Invoicing Strategy.
- Accountable for reviewing the accuracy of the interim/settlement “Invoicing pack” prior to raising any invoice.
- Accountable for production of all invoice types.
- Accountable for production and service of statutory bills.
- Accountable for service and notification to clients of deduction invoices.
- Accountable for raising credit notes in line with the approved policy and processing refunds as required.
- Collaborating with finance to optimise invoicing, review client balances and respond to queries.
- Accountable for monitoring and actioning invoicing requests received into the invoicing mailboxes.
- Accountable for overall compliance with professional obligations & undertakings
The above list is not exhaustive of any other tasks, which may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good general IT skills.
- Experience of solicitor’s accounts ledgers preferred.
- Costs or Accounts experience beneficial.
- Good time management.
- Work effectively within a team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a proactive and positive manner
We reserve the right to close this role before the date specified depending on the calibre and volume of candidates.
In return Fletchers can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 35 hours working week
- Bonus scheme (subject to targets being met)
- 35 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas Closure, you also have an option to purchase up to 3 extra days’ holiday per year, until you long service award the 3 days after your 5th, 7th, and 9th full year of employment
- Pension scheme with tax-efficient salary sacrifice option
- Life Assurance Policy
- Medicash policy to cover some Dental, optical and other medical expenses
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and IVF schemes
- Flexible, agile working environment with a positive work-life balance
- Varied calendar of funded company social events (check out Fletchers Group on LinkedIn)
- Monthly voucher awards
So much has happened in the last year at Fletchers:
- We became Fletchers Group following several acquisitions – and have big plans for more growth.
- We offered legal colleagues more training contracts than ever before.
- Retained excellent rankings with both The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners
- We opened 2 new office locations in Leeds and Liverpool (alongside Southport and Manchester)
- We launched our first ever Associate and Partner programmes for senior lawyers.
- We launched the Fletchers Foundation charity to support injured people.
That’s just to name a few, check out our website for more:
- Location: Manchester/ Southport/ Liverpool/ Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
- Department: Costs
- Closing Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024